RecoveryPeople engages, educates and empowers a network of recovery consumers, workers and providers, which we collectively refer to as the recovery community.
Networks are a set of nodes (people and organizations) connected by links (relationships with and between them), which can be coordinated to solve complex problems and impact social change.
- Learn more about RecoveryPeople's social impact network
Learn About Us
RecoveryPeople is a 501c3 nonprofit that was founded in 2009.
Our mission is to engage, educate and empower peer- and family-led recovery from substance use and related mental health challenges.
- To learn more about out programs, play the embedded video.
Policy and Advocacy
Consumer access, choice and protections.
Access to support and service means that recovery becomes an expectation and not just a possibility. People need options as well as the guidance to make informed choices, because one-size does not fit all and recovery is a person-driven and lifelong process. Moreover, individuals and affected family members seeking recovery have the right to consumer protections and services that are safe and free from stigma and shame. Learn more at recoverypeople.org/advocacy
- State and national campaigns
- Brown Bag Advocacy webinar series
- ABCs of Advocacy training
- Recovery Day at the Capitol
- 11 advocacy resources developed
- 2,000 advocates engaged
- 4 events, 660 registered
- 45+ coalition partners in Texas
- 20+ legislative office meetings
- Register for Brown Bag Advocacy
- Complete 2021 Policy Survey
- Attend Big Texas Rally for Recovery
Peer to career.
From peer to career, RecoveryPeople’s network of instructors, curriculums and continuing education support individuals and family members who want to develop their skills, pursue certification or work in the recovery field.
Learn more at recoverypeople.org/peer2career
- Recovery Capital Conference
- RecoveryEducation online learning
- Scholarships and stipends
- Curriculum development
- 470+ scholarship applicants, $200,000+ distributed
- A network of 11 instructors across 9 of 11 TX Regions
- Offer 5 online courses, 126 registered students
- Enroll in a class
- Apply for RSPS scholarship
- Apply for Recovery House Manager scholarship and stipend
Recovery Service Organizations
Ecosystem expansion and enhancement.
RecoveryPeople helps service providers startup, increase outcomes and improve sustainability through the use of best practices. We believe that data drives quality improvement, and with that aim, we work with researchers and providers, alike, to advance the recovery field.
Learn more at recoverypeople.org/ecosystem
Projects / Activities
- Project HOMES
- 9 TA events, 85 participants
- 6 learning communities, 60 participants
- 9 training events, 126 participants
- 12 TROHN certified homes, 183 recovery beds
- 174 OKARR certified homes, 967 recovery beds
- Enroll in learning communities and classes
- Become a RecoveryEducation partner organization
- Apply for recovery housing certification
Stay informed through our newsletter
RecoveryPeople is a peer and family led nonprofit based in Texas promoting recovery from substance use issues and related mental health conditions.
Support Our Work
Donors, Sponsors and Volunteers help RecoveryPeople provide low to no cost events and services to more individuals and families in recovery.
News & Events
Recovery is built upon hope, and there is nothing more moving that hearing and reading living proof that recovery happens. Plus, we've highlight peer and family leaders who are contributing to the recovery movement. Take a look!
Get in Touch
If you have a question, comment or concern, please contact us by clicking the button below.