Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Specialist
Posted: January 1, 2021
Unposted: Feb 1, 2021
RecoveryPeople is a nonprofit that promotes peer and family led recovery from substance use and related mental health challenges. We envision an ecosystem of recovery in every community that is accessible to everyone. We advocate for consumer access, choice and rights, we support peer to career workforce development, and we enhance service provider quality, fidelity and sustainability through certification and technical assistance.
RecoveryPeople is known for our social entrepreneurship. Although we started in Austin, Texas in 2009, we have expanded our reach across Texas, across the US and to some degree, into Canada. Web-based technology, such as Salesforce, has allowed us to create processes and solutions that are scalable, efficient and empower data-driven quality improvement.
RecoveryPeople’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Specialist is part:
- Salesforce Administrator – responsible for executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform and related technologies (e.g. WordPress, MailChimp, Tableau…)
- User Support Lead- responsible for communicating with and supporting internal and external users to meet funding deliverables
The CRM Specialist will work closely with co-workers and subject matter experts to identify and deploy new business processes including: Fundraising, Marketing, and our core program business processes.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce.com environment
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Manage Salesforce.com data feeds and other integrations
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests.
- Work with our institutional management team to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization
- Effectively act as the liaison between our users, vendors and the application development teams
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
- Manage external resources and contractors effectively for platform customization
- Commitment to the organizational mission and ideology in order to effectively promotion and advance the goals of RecoveryPeople.
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Minimum one years of experience as a Salesforce administrator
- Minimum two years of experience as a Salesforce user
- Salesforce Certified Administrator (ADM201 and ADM211)
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder (preferred)
- Salesforce Certified Nonprofit Cloud Consultant (preferred)
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Strong data management abilities
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Previous experience working in an agile environment preferred
- Previous experience working with Atlassian tools (Jira, BitBucket, Confluence) for product management, version control and documentation preferred
SALARY: $46,500 and $70,000 depending on experience and certifications.
POSITION LOCATION: Texas preferred, but willing to consider remote applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please send cover letter, resume and two letters of reference to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “CRM Specialist” in the subject line.
We believe diversity and inclusion are key drivers of creativity and innovation and we actively seek out candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles in our organization.