Thank you for your interest in working with Recovery People!
Please see available opportunities below:
Employment Opportunity: TROHN Director
Posted: May 8, 2023
Unposted: June 8, 2023
The Texas Recovery Oriented Housing Network (TROHN) is the state affiliate of the National Alliance for Recovery Residences (NARR). Whereas NARR sets national recovery residence standards and codes of ethics, TROHN is responsible for accrediting recovery residences, promoting best practices through training and technical assistance, maintaining a directory of recovery housing, administering grievances and championing fair housing protections. TROHN is governed by a Board of Directors and is a subsidiary of RecoveryPeople, a nonprofit that engages, educates and empowers peer and family led recovery from substance use and related mental health challenges. Currently, TROHN is primarily funded through training and technical assistance contracts.
Position Overview (Full-time position)
Texas Recovery Oriented Housing Network (TROHN) is seeking a responsible, self motivated, strategic, and performance driven individual to serve as its Director that will help TROHN grow from accrediting less than 5% of the market to over 50%. The TROHN Director will report to the RecoveryPeople Executive Director and will work closely with other RecoveryPeople staff and contractors to meet performance objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and implement TROHN’s daily operations and programs in a manner that is ethical, efficient and meets performance expectations. Program activities include: leading outreach and awareness campaigns, administering accreditation, grievance and remediation processes, maintaining recovery housing directory, providing training and technical assistance, championing recovery rights and advocating for policy priorities.
- Support data collection, evaluation and reporting towards performance objectives and funder requirements. Document and archive communications and data. Generate necessary reports. Participate in research and evaluations.
- Participate in budget development, reviews and monitoring of expenses.
- Maintain NARR Affiliate status. Maintain compliance with external regulations and internal policies
- Support TROHN Board and committees. Act as liaison between TROHN and NARR
- Act as liaison between TROHN and state agencies and other funders
- Receive constructive feedback with grace, using it to iterate and improve
- Thrive in a remote, fast-paced, flexible work environment
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Be 18 years old or older
- Ability to lift boxes up to 30 pounds
- Live in Texas. Some travel required. Personal vehicle with applicable insurance
- Cell phone to fulfill job responsibilities, such as being available off-hours, at meetings, during travel or other business purposes.
- Commitment to the organizational mission and ideology in order to effectively promotion and advance the goals of TROHN and RecoveryPeople
- Passion for recovery housing and social model recovery
- Proven ability to work remotely, self motivate and successfully manage competing priorities. Access to reliable, High Speed Internet
- Proven work experience balancing competing priorities, administering organizations and/or managing large programs.
- Excellent customer service skills, group facilitation skills, written and verbal communication skills, and time management and organizational skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Zoom (virtual conferencing), Google Apps, WordPress, or similar web-based technologies.
- Individual or family members in recovery
- Recovery housing experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an administrator or program manager
- Certified Peer Recovery Support Specialist or addiction professional
- Masters degree from an accredited college or university
- Understanding of fair housing law and 501c3 nonprofit restrictions
- Experience with SalesForce
Range: $55,000 to $65,000. Commensurate with experience
Please send an email entitled “TROHN Director Position” with a cover letter and resume attached to email@example.com.
We believe in diversity and inclusion as key drivers of creativity and innovation. We actively seek out candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply for roles in our organization.