Recovery in Texas Schools was a speaker panel session at the 2015 Recovery Capital Conference. Program Description: From prevention to SBIRT to recovery support services. What does the continuum of care look like for Texas youth? This session will provide a broad overview of the complete package: prevention efforts, intervention in schools, SBIRT, adolescent treatment, APG’s, recovery high schools and peer supports. Objectives: At the close of this session, participants will be able to:
- Comprehend best practices for adolescent continuum of care.
- Understand developmental needs of high school students in recovery.
- Identify community assets and gaps in the State of Texas adolescent system.
- Understanding the value of recovery support in an educational setting.
- Brief overview of the structure of a recovery school or collegiate recovery program: commonalities and areas for flexibility/adaptability for your community’s needs.