Policy Priorities for 87th Legislative session
Voluntary Recovery Housing Certification
What is it?
- Adopts a common definition of recovery housing and establishes a voluntary recovery housing certification program based on national standards
Why do we need it?
- Corrupt business practices between treatment and recovery housing providers across the state
- Protect Whistleblowers (Individuals are afraid of losing safety, housing, and/or jobs)
- Corruption has become normalized
What does it do?
- Rep. Murr- HB 292; Rep. Minjarez- HB 544
- Implements and incentives voluntary recovery housing certification
- Expands investment in training and technical assistance
- Develops and implements state model laws to address corrupt business practices
- Gives clear directions regarding referrals and funding
Community Recovery Organizations