Policy Priorities for 87th Legislative session
Stand up against the exploitations of Texans!
Texans deserve quality recovery housing!
Recovery Housing Policy Brief (HB 544)
Patient Brokering Policy Brief
Community Recovery Org Policy Brief
Texas Advocacy Materials
Voluntary Recovery Housing Certification
What is it?
- Adopts a common definition of recovery housing and establishes a voluntary recovery housing certification program based on national standards
Why do we need it?
- Corrupt business practices between treatment and recovery housing providers across the state
- Protect Whistleblowers (Individuals are afraid of losing safety, housing, and/or jobs)
- Corruption has become normalized
What does it do?
- Rep. Murr- HB 292; Rep. Minjarez- HB 544
- Implements and incentives voluntary recovery housing certification
- Expands investment in training and technical assistance
- Develops and implements state model laws to address corrupt business practices
- Gives clear directions regarding referrals and funding
Recovery Housing Study
HB 707 (Rep. Moody)- A similar version of HB 707 was filed last session and did not come to fruition. We were excited to hear Rep. Moody filed it again and we are hoping it will move through the process to the governor’s desk this session.
- Conduct a study on expansion of recovery housing in rural and urban areas across Texas
- Identify the impact of state and federal regulatory deficiencies on recovery housing
- Identify the current status of recovery housing in Texas