A big thanks to Wendy Latham at Texas HHSC, who shared this information taken this information from Texas Medicaid and Healthcare Partnership (TMHP), a group of contractors under the leadership of Accenture. Accenture administers Texas Medicaid and other state health-care programs on behalf of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission. Follow the link to discover how to initiate, document, and bill for Medicaid services. (Note, your organization may have additional steps)
- Go to the website www.tmhp.com
- Click on “Providers” at the top of the page
- Click on “Medicaid Provider Manual” from the menu on the left side of the page
- Click on Complete Book: http://www.tmhp.com/TMHP_File_Library/Provider_Manuals/TMPPM/2019/Jun_2019%20TMPPM.pdf
- Click on Ctrl and the letter F and search for “H0038”, which is the billing code. That will surface: Chapter 6 Peer Specialists.
It is all located within: Behavioral Health and Case Management Services Handbook, Volume 2, Chapter 6, Peer Specialists, page 88.