Peer-led Recovery Community Organizations (RCOs): Promoting Recovery Across the State of Texas was a speaker panel session at the 2015 Recovery Capital Conference. Panelists:
- Lizette Smith, Young People in Recovery
- Robin Peyson, Communities for Recovery
- Joseph Sanchez, Recovery Alliance of Austin
- Mike Ware, Sober Recreation Committee
- Christopher Araujo, Austin/Travis County Coordinator, Military Veteran Peer Network
- Jason Howell, MBA, PRS-ToC, Executive Director, SoberHood/RecoveryPeople
- Define what Recovery Community Organizations are, what role they play in furthering recovery and how to get involved.
- Discuss the type and importance of peer governance and leadership within the organizations.
- Identify how Recovery Community Organizations are collaborating across communities, the state and the nation.